Lately I feel like I’ve been a ‘kid-in-candy-store.’ You know those “OMGoodness I just can’t get enough and I won’t hold back” moments? Yes, like that!
Anyway, I’ve been creatively un-cooking (yup! my oven kicked the bucket) so I’ve been playing with salads, smoothies, raw cacao treats – you name it!
And although that might not seem “profound” from me — the conscious- magic-change-agent girl — I have to say… I’ve truly been dancing with consciousness. WEE!
A dance that starts with the ingredients and a true request of what my body and my family’s bodies like to receive.
Then it’s a grocery store tango with the fruits, veggies, herbs, nuts, and other delicious treats that want to play.
And then off to the Do-si-dos dance of creation… dehydrator, blender, beautiful bowls and asking… what else… what else can be received?
This love and interaction with food has led me to a delicious hot chocolate treat. It’s my childhood favorite with a nutritional kick. Instead of regular cow milks, I mixed the flavors of rich cashew milk and creamy coconut milk for the base. The coconut oil is famous for blasting belly fat and lowering cholesterol. Raw cacao powder is the heart of this drink, giving it a rich, chocolatey taste.
But the real kicker here is maca root. Also known as Peruvian ginseng, it can be ground into powder and added to many dishes. It has an nutty, butterscotch flavor and provides many benefits.
A small amount of Maca root has been shown to:
1. Boost fertility
2. Increase energy and reduce stress
3. Enhance memory
4. Improve sexual function
5. Kill migraines
My favorite part of this recipe is the cozy-ness of a warm mug of hot chocolate. It’s a delicious indulgence that’s also good for your health.
This may sound a little “mushy” I know, but the truth is the joy is far beyond the words on this page. I hope this adds a bit to your moment… enjoy!
- 1 cup cashew milk
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbs maple syrup (or 3-4 drop of stevia leaf extract)
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 3 heaping tbs raw cacao powder (yes!)
- 2 tsp maca root powder (just for that little kick)
- 1-2 pinch sea salt
- vegan marshmallows
- dollop of coconut whipped cream (i just love the word 'dollop')
- Be present to create with love
- Carefully blend maple syrup, cacao powder, maca root and sea salt in blender
- Heat milks in saucepan on medium until you warm
- Add milks to other blender ingredients
- Blend (and watch for magic)
- Pour into a mug that gives you great JOY
- Add a dollop of coconut whipped cream (giggling when you hear the word Dollop)
- Get cozy by a fire with a book or well you can just watch your favorite show -- it's
- up to you - whatever will bring you great joy -- while you enjoy!
- Did you know Maca root - enhances energy, stamina, athletic performance, memory, and fertility?