Do you feel you’re a master of your work but you aren’t getting paid what you are worth?
My friend and mastermind consultant Ali Brown is not only a fantastic mother and friend, but also a marketing genius.
Primarily focusing on women entrepreneurs, she takes her clients’ incomes from tens of thousands to millions. So when I heard about her wildly successful consulting business in 2006, I was dying to know how she did it. I had just started my business and began modeling certain aspects after hers.
Back when Ali was still pregnant, her, her friend JJ Virgin, and I collaborated at a mastermind. By working with the two of them, I realized the secret to explosive business: it’s all about positioning your message to attract high end clients.
So today, we’re gonna focus on just that: How do you save time and boost wealth by marketing yourself to higher-paying clients in your industry?
About Ali Brown
Named the “Entrepreneurial Guru for Women” by Business News Daily, Ali Brown provides business coaching and advice to over 250,000 followers via AliBrown.com, her social media channels, and her Glambition® Radio show.
– Ranked on the Inc. 500 list of fastest growing companies
– Named one of the Enterprising Women of the Year by Enterprising Women Magazine
– Included in the Ernst & Young Class of Entrepreneurial Winning Women
– A winner of the Stevie® Award for Women Helping Women
– A recipient of the Commitment to Philanthropy award from the Step Up Women’s Network
– Named “The Entrepreneurial Guru for Women” by Business News Daily
– Dubbed one of Forbes’ Women to Watch
– Featured on the season finale of ABC’s Secret Millionaire show
– Spokesperson and panelist for Chase’s Mission Main Street Grants program for small business
– Named by Entrepreneur Magazine as one of the Top 10 Twitter Accounts Every Entrepreneur Should Be Following
– an Entrepreneur Delegate for the United Nations Foundation Global Accelerator
Ali’s entrepreneurial plans were hatched while working at a small New York City ad agency. She found herself frustrated at not being able to change and improve things, and her ideas fell on deaf ears. Then, in 1998 Ali made the decision that changed her life forever. “I finally realized that I should be an entrepreneur! I was working in a tiny company and was doing everything from talking to clients, to servicing accounts, to getting coffee for my boss, to fixing the fax machine. That was when I realized that I had the skills I needed to do this on my own.”
She quit her job. Without a mentor or coach to guide her, Ali immersed herself in books on marketing and success. Using a second-hand computer gifted by her younger brother, she discovered how to use online marketing to build her business. It appealed to her because it was low-cost, had a broad reach, and she could work from her kitchen table at home.
After ups and downs, Ali reached her goal of becoming a millionaire by age 35. Now, she shares her secrets with other women entrepreneurs as a top coach in the industry.
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Continue to Design Your Life with Jeneth:
Pick up Jeneth’s book, Falling in Stilettos on Amazon: Falling in Stilettos